Thursday 3 October 2013

The Feather Ring - Pandora A/W 2013 Collection





Well, it was my 23rd birthday last month and for once in my life I couldn't think of what I wanted to get as my main present! Crazy I know, but this year I wanted something different, sentimental and possibly something that I could wear - excluding makeup and clothes of course...there just necessities in life, right? So, I decided on a ring. A Pandora ring to be precise. My mum purchased a beautiful pearl ring from there last year and I've secretly been eyeing it up ever since. However, as I wanted a more understated ring that I could wear on a regular basis, I decided to browse for a ring with a more subtle and sturdy design.

The whole collection is absolutely gorgeous and it literally took me forever to decide which one to choose. I'm such an indecisive person at the best of times, even more so when shopping for jewellery! However, once I saw it I knew that it was perfect for me - even if did think it was a leaf at first, whoops. Its actually in the design of a feather and unsurprisingly it is part of the new feather collection, which has additional matching jewellery including, earrings, a bracelet/charm and a necklace - which is already on my Christmas wish list...shhhh!

I love how unusual this ring is, from the original design, to the sheer amount of sparkle that the cubic zirconia gemstones create. I also really like the fact that this ring is inspired by something that can have numerous connotations. For example, I personally find the possibility of guardian angels fascinating and therefore wearing a feather makes me feel protected, almost as if I am being watched over. However, that's just what I take from the ring, it's each to their own I suppose.  I've linked the ring here and as the feather collection is a new release - it was launched as part of the new Autumn/Winter 2013 collection - I imagine it will be available for a long time. I hope so anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment