Friday 16 August 2013

Bourjois Colour Boost Lip Crayons


So after a few days of feeling sorry for myself (I managed to get shingles...not a pleasant experience I must say!) I am now feeling a bit better and ready to commence the blogging. After flicking through my latest posts I noticed that there hasn't been much beauty related chit chat and as I'm a fully fledged beauty addict, I decided that this can go on no more! so for that reason I proudly introduce you to my current pride and joys...

The Bourjois Colour Boost Lip Crayons! I love them. Actual love. This is no over exaggeration, they are just...well, amazing. I haven't actually tried any other brand of lip crayon as I just genuinely didn't think I'd like them. However, I couldn't have been so wrong. I expected lip crayons as a whole to be matte, drying and difficult to apply but Bourjois offerings are extremely hydrating, glossy and idiot fool-proof. I purchased the shades, 'Peach on the Beach', 'Orange Punch' and 'Fuchsia Libre' on the 3 for 2 offer that Superdrug is currently running. However, I will also be purchasing the fourth crayon 'Red Sunrise' pronto. I'm not going to go into too much detail about the colour of each crayon as the names pretty much do all the explaining however, I will say that they are extremely pigmented and luminous.

 
Bourjois markets their lip crayons as 'bringing comfort and hydration to your lips for 10 hours', although they are certainly long lasting, I'm not sure that 10 hours is a justifiable claim. However, I do agree with statement that the lip crayons are both practical as well as beautiful and this is largely due to the incorporation of a SPF 15. If I'm honest though, I would have to say that my favourite feature is the smell, they smell delicious, almost edible (Until you remember that they are cosmetic products and not food of course...). They also really remind me of the Maybelline Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter's, which is a plus as I also love them! The only negative that I can say about the lip crayon range is that I would like more shade options, particularly as the Autumn/Winter season is fast approaching. At the moment the shades are very summery which is great, but I would love a deep burgundy and plum to add to my collection.

Overall, I am very pleased with my new lip products, I have worn them virtually everyday since I got them. Congrats Bourjois, your lip crayons have well and truly won me over!
 
 
 
(Me wearing 'Fuchsia Libre' - Sorry about the awful quality photo!)
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh these sound and look lovely! They look so smooth, and that last Fuchsia Libre colour on your is really pretty! :)
    Kammi
    xx

    http://beautybookblog.com

    ReplyDelete